informacion in huelva

Torre la Higuera

  • Playa De Matalascañas - Almonte (Matalascañas)
From the mouth of the Guadiana to that of the Guadalquivir, the construction was ordered during the reign of Philip III of a chain of fortifications located practically on the shores of the sea. The greater number were built between 1577 and 1630, almost all of them with a similar cylindrical ground plan, although none is the same as the others. Various historical sources show evidence of up to fourteen beacon towers, although few retain their original position, among other reasons because the coastline has changed.
watch tower
Playa de Matalascañas

21760 Almonte, Matalascañas

No information available...